Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wear comfy clothes



Nicole Richie's top summer styling tip is loose fitting clothes.
The violet haired fashionista is well known for her savvy style choices and was one of the guest speakers at Lucky magazine's recent Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference.
Nicole took to the stage to partake in a Q&A where she was quizzed about her own personal style and fashion statements. Wearing a floral Givenchy blazer and J Brand leather leggings, she accessorised her look with a necklace from her own jewellery label House of Harlow 1960. The 32-year-old star looked demure but chic.
"I love putting on things that aren't going to touch me; I like a caftan, I like anything loose fitting and something colourful to just kind of lift up my mood," she smiled when quizzed about her summer wardrobe staples.
"I'm always telling my customers to not really pay attention to trends and to rules and to really just dress for themselves and express themselves through fashion and just use that as another way to have fun."
House of Harlow 1960 was founded in 2008, and debuted online for fashionable boutique Kitson.
The jewellery line has won Nicole industry recognition, even bagging her Entrepreneur of the Year at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards.
"I do love collecting vintage costume jewellery and that's actually why I got into designing costume jewellery first. You know the vintage Chanel pieces, the YSL the Gucci," she explained.
"The craftsmanship is something you don't really see anymore. Everything was very over the top, and out there, and in your face, you really had the freedom to layer all of it and just be as over the top as you wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment