Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Giuseppe Zanotti to Celebrate 20-Year Footwear Anniversary with Capsule Collections


Giuseppe Zanotti is celebrating the 20-year anniversary of his footwear collection by creating four capsule collections that have been redesigned from some of Zanotti's favorite styles and have arrived in stores already and will continue to until February 2015.
Zanotti wanted something special to mark this poignant milestone. He didn't want a retrospective coffee table book, asElle pointed out was an option brought to him. Instead, the capsules were born.
The first capsule is entitled, "Jewel." It's inspired by six of his popular shoes but redesigned as gold sandals.
One thing for certain you won't see in Zanotti's capsules are trends. He explains, "Trends are dangerous; you will fail if you design for them. You cannot follow the work of others. I have my own DNA, my own formula. I always stay true to myself and to the brand."
Maybe some of the beauty in Zanotti's shoes and why he gets to celebrate this milestone is because he has a passion for what he does.
"To love shoes is to love problems," stated Zanotti to Elle. "Every season starting a new collection is my greatest challenge. The blank slate in front of me, starting the process all over again, there is no greater challenge. Every season I absorb everything around me, the people I see on the street, the discos, the art, the music, and the energy of places from my travels. I mix all of this together and then I begin to create." 
Now, who exactly has Zanotti been targeting as he has been designing these shoes for all these years? His answer may just surprise you.
"When I design shoes it is not for one person or one age group. There is never a specific shoe designed for a specific woman."
Sounds like he's simply a designer with a passion for his craft and a love to create beautiful shoes. We cannot wait until all his capsules are released to see what he has designed in celebration of his 20th anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment